OneBigSoup cashtag

OneBigSoup cashtag
recovery fundraiser for A. Blackwell

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tracy Chapman - Crossroads (1989 Music Video)(lyrics in description)(F)






"Crossroads"







All you folks think you own my life

But you never made any sacrifice

Demons they are on my trail

I'm standing at the crossroads of the hell

I look to the left I look to the right
 
They're hands that grab me on every side



All you folks think I got my price

At which I'll sell all that is mine

You think money rules when all else fails

Go sell your soul and keep your shell

I'm trying to protect what I keep inside

All the reasons why I live my life



Some say the devil be a mystical thing

I say the devil he a walking man

He a fool he a liar conjurer and a thief

He try to tell you what you want

Try to tell you what you need



Standing at the point

The road it cross you down

What is at your back

Which way do you turn

Who will come to find you first

Your devils or your gods



All you folks think you run my life

Say I should be willing to compromise

I say all you demons go back to hell

I'll save my soul save myself

No comments:

Post a Comment