OneBigSoup cashtag

OneBigSoup cashtag
recovery fundraiser for A. Blackwell

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

To KCA Country with love-black lodge singers- twinkle twinkle little star









I still get goosebumps from when I think of how I laughed with my folks who were teaching me how to sing around the drum.
It was so healing for me back in the day, and it still moves me now.....
much love for my folks in this little song I learned. 
Dad was Navy, Airforce and coded for NSA after he served on Guam and Shimyao.
As a Black/NDN with an "Apache Nose", we knew our native heritage, but not the times who was where and when.
I'm
learning now that our "Grants" were with the Osage AFTER Cutthroat Gap
massacre, so we were part of the solution, not the problem and I'm happy
to keep the legacy alive with technologies giving us back what was
lost.
It seems our folks named "Lee" were probably Choktaw.
and IRISH/Scotts who sailed with "The Sparrow" in 1635 to Barbados.
The universal truth is, "You gotta pay your dues before you sing the blues".
I
came with my own things, but the people were not ready back in '04,
when I met the Horse family in Cherokee, NC.  I was looking for my
Mother's folks, Keetowah, not "Kiowa" and in the confusion, I was
noticing the town in my father's name, Blackwell, OK.
So yeah, we got
rooked together ...and it seems the French have some tall 'splainin' to
do, but now we know and can heal what we can with what we got.
I was never afraid of Cutthroat Gap.
When
I couldn't have a real horse, I fixed my steel one up pretty good....I
got "Haws" and hand gestures from my new brothers when I rode past, but
when I wondered what our grandmothers and grandfathers thought of those
wind tunnels, Frankie G, knows what I saw.
And he taught me what to do when owls stand there staring at you like that.
They are looking at you like an idjit until you get a clue and GO AWAY.
He
didn't like me, but he gave me a LOT of power with some very hard
lessons I couldn't learn without seeing it live and in person.....and I
got stuck for about 5 years worried SICK about who I was, how this could
be happening to people I cared deeply for and didn't know why.
As it was all rock n roll to me anyway, I had no idea what Guns and Roses were up to when I met Billie Marie Hudson!
Shoot, after protesting in favor of Metallica playing near NAS JAX,
I had no reason to protest the names of the badassed helos named "Kiowa, Comanche and Apache".
But
I wore the wrong kilts growing up, while wondering why my AUNT named
"Iron-moccasin" had a shaved head!  I was a furious about that, so I was
mad as hell at that movie theater in Anadarko.  I was 100% on board
with AIM, and Frankie G who was guarding RUSSEL freaking MEANS in Denver
before Columbine happened all over the world, apparently again for not
the last time, who are we kidding!
What do those "marines" think warrior women on a mission from GOD are made of again?
Our
purpose was to share the ghetto codes passed down from LONG before any
ships even thought of coming here.  The fact is, you cannot love GOD
while dragged to him in CHAINS of any kind.  This is where we
agree...and use the tools we have on hand.  Few fear the tools they make
with their own hands.  I happen to type like the wind, but my thoughts
don't keep up well.  That's what music does for us....bridges those gaps
and I'd never seen it done as well as an inter-tribal celebration.
Like the festivals in Washington DC. 
Laughter has always been the best medicine when applied correctly.
Only
a fool thinks we can't tell the difference.  We teach each other how to
listen, who our families really are... how to love with compassion and
wisdom...  and fun!
The mind of a child knows this and we must mother them before making men out of them all.
What I saw was a beautiful thing, a sign of hope. 
I
came to NDN country singing Ulali, because that's what I knew and it
touched me deeply.  I understood the other side of it....  a good
student learns with her mouth shut, but if a man prefers she not speak
above a whisper, he'd better listen to her when she's in a good mood! 
I'm just sayin....this is not new to anyone but who won't see it.
We
love our men like we love our children and offer everything we have to
fight by their side...however.....let us fight fair together...when it's
possible.
Being raised by a nerd like dad with his analytical
skills, I'm a scout and a troubleshooter...  that's some easy math right
there!
"What's wrong with this picture?"
..........ahhhh
"What can I do about it?"
and make a long list
"What do I got to work with?"
"Diex et mon DRIOT!"
"God and my RIGHT!"
the motto on the flag we sailed under
on the 1635 True Love, The Expedition "Master Blackwell", The


where I was stationed, there were things we found a common place of
understanding....while deciphering the History Channel for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment