OneBigSoup cashtag

OneBigSoup cashtag
recovery fundraiser for A. Blackwell

Sunday, July 1, 2018

The Big Bang Theory - The Recollection Dissipation S10E20 [1080p]




No, it's not OK to throw a party to celebrate The FOOTBALL handoff!
good grief

anyway
Amy singing "Soft Kitty" with different accents cracked me the hell up.
My cat loves that song.
One has got to admire China's greatest national defense mechanism is the language itself.
Holy Cow and Boy Howdy!

My last days in the Navy was duty driver for three Chinese officers in late 1990.  Florida's winter
wasn't a big deal for a kid from Maryland, so it wasn't too bad, but the hours SUCKED for a night shifter.
Laughter is definitely universal...
They didn't know I was pregnant until the baby kicked and made me giggle.
The one who spoke English asked what was I was laughing at.
I patted my THIRD TRIMESTER baby bump and showed him where she'd kicked me.
He was shocked and hearing him translate my condition to the two officers in the back seat
sent me into hysterics.  I was laughing so hard I had to pull over!

Between their surprise, and the baby kicking that spot...  on the right of my belly.
Those poor guys...
I can't remember if they were medics or pilots, but pretty sure they were worried I'd go into labor right there by the road.  One of them took baseball catcher stance.

A pick-up truck chauffeur in 1990.  It was the same drab grey Ford we used to rotate the watch around Hangar 1000.

=====

 Mini-me arrived at NAS JAX at NINE pounds 13.5 ounces.
I was having a C-section I tried very hard to avoid, when the Gulf War (pt one) Cease-fire was called a month or so later.
========

So anyway...  with my preggo shirt sticking nearly straight out by then,
I was a short-timer, out of the Tron Shop and driving these guys to their meetings in a Ford Pickup.
The carrot offered when I joined the Navy was NASA/FAA flying planes, but that was bullshit.
One lesson was about two month's pay.
Constant swing shifts made taking classes impossible
And the average mentality was about 30 years behind reality...so it wasn't much more than






THIS needs to happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment